On Thursday, La-Z-Boy Incorporated (NYSE: LZB) stock recorded daily change of 0.07% to close at $28.4 with the total traded volume of 214869 shares along average volume of 368032 shares. 52-week range of the stock remained $ 15.61 – 37.48 while its day low price was $28.12 and it hit its day high price at $28.86. Its previous closing value stands at $28.38.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated (LZB) recently stated its operating results for the fiscal 2020 fourth quarter and full year ended April 25, 2020.
Fiscal 2020 full year versus Fiscal 2019 full year:
- Consolidated sales reduced 2.4% to $1.70B, reflecting ten months of strength and two months of dramatic temporary impact from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Consolidated operating margin:
GAAP: 7.0% versus 7.4%
Non-GAAP*: 8.2% versus 7.8%
- Upholstery: 10.8% versus 10.1%
- Retail: 8.2% versus 6.9%
- Net income attributable to La-Z-Boy Incorporated per diluted share (“EPS”):
GAAP: $1.66 versus $1.44
Non-GAAP*: $2.16 versus $2.14
- Cash generated from operating activities increased 9.0% to $164.2M
- The company returned $68.4M to shareholders through share purchases and dividends
- Cash, cash equivalents, and restricted cash were $263.5M at year end, including $75.0M in cash proactively drawn on the company’s credit facility, and the company held $28.6M in investments to enhance returns on cash, up from $131.8M in cash, cash equivalents and restricted cash, and $31.5M in investments to enhance returns on cash at the end of fiscal 2019.
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
For the fourth quarter, the company generated $44.5M in cash from operating activities. La-Z-Boy ended the quarter with $263.5M in cash, cash equivalents, and restricted cash, including $75M in cash proactively drawn on the company’s credit facility to enhance liquidity in response to COVID-19, and $28.6M in investments to enhance returns on cash contrast with $131.8M in cash, cash equivalents and restricted cash, and $31.5M in investments to enhance returns on cash at the end of fiscal 2019. During the period, the company invested $10.6M in the business through capital expenditures. The company paid $6.5M in dividends and spent $8.0M purchasing 0.3M shares of stock in the open market under its existing authorized share purchase program during the fourth quarter. For the full fiscal 2020 year, the company paid $25.1M in dividends and spent $43.4M purchasing 1.4M shares, leaving 4.5M shares of purchase availability in the program.
The company has 1.33B of outstanding shares and 45.96M shares were floated in the market. LZB has a gross margin of 42.30% and an operating margin of 6.70% while its profit margin remained 4.50% for the last 12 months. Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained 14.60% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 7.80%.
My Name is Gordon Mantz and I am also the main source from the ‘Worldnewsheardnow.com’ of all the exclusive and most delicate visualization of the activities in the business sector. My first step towards this journey was taken in the very early years of my life. I started with an independent financial consultant. However, I only had almost 4 years of skills and experience in this market. I have always been a free personality and like to fly one place to another, to explore more and more. Moreover, this passion and craze of traveling gave me a chance to report a section for best news associations. Last but not least, I am presently working full-time as an editor.